Thank you for your interest in my research! If/when I am hiring a student research assistant, I will post about it on this webpage (I don’t have plans to hire anyone at this time). In the meantime, read my blog post about becoming an astronomer and check out the following links for paid research opportunities for undergrad students. Formal programs typically have application deadlines in December-February:
- American Astronomical Society list of internships and summer jobs
- AstroBetter wiki (scroll down to Career, then Undergraduate)
- National Science Foundation list of Research Experience for Undergrads in astronomical sciences (these are limited to US citizens and possibly green card holders/permanent residents)
- The NAC program, for students from minoritized backgrounds (including race, gender, sexual orientation, and/or first-gen college students). MSU is one possible host institution!
- For MSU students wanting to do research with MSU profs, contact the associate chair for undergrads. Here’s application info about the MSU REU opportunities in physics and astronomy.
- Specific information for U of M students wanting to do research with U of M profs. In general, contacting the associate chair for undergrads is a good first step!