There are dozens of places in Michigan you can visit to explore ideas in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). I’ve compiled a list of the planetaria, science museums, nature centers, and discovery centers in Michigan so that you can find one nearby. Below that, I list the venues for astronomy and astrophysics outreach around East Lansing, MI (where I live).
Google Maps list of STEM venues in Michigan (in case the map above isn’t rendering): https://goo.gl/maps/1Csvn5yoPsCJjYQQA
Astronomy and astrophysics outreach near East Lansing, MI
- Abrams Planetarium on the MSU campus
- Astronomy On Tap Lansing (events once per month)
- Hurst Planetarium in Jackson, MI
- Impression5 Science Center in Lansing, MI
- MSU Observatory public nights (~2 per month during the academic year)
- MSU Science Festival (happens in the spring of each year)
- Spartan Young Astronomers Club at the Abrams Planetarium (once per month)
- U of M Planetarium and Dome Theater in Ann Arbor, MI
Get in touch if you think something is missing from my lists of Michigan science venues!