Thank you for your interest in my research! If/when I am hiring a student research assistant, I will post about it on this webpage. As a postdoc I don’t have the seniority or budget to hire graduate students or be a formal advisor, but I can be an informal secondary advisor. For undergrads, I won’t be hiring for Spring 2021, and I’m not sure yet if I will for Summer 2021. In the meantime, check out the following links for paid research opportunities for undergrad students (the formal programs typically have application deadlines in December-February):
- American Astronomical Society list of internships and summer jobs
- AstroBetter wiki (scroll down to Career, then Undergraduate)
- National Science Foundation list of Research Experience for Undergrads in astronomical sciences (these are limited to US citizens and possibly green card holders/permanent residents)
- The NAC program, for students from minoritized backgrounds (including race, gender, sexual orientation, and/or first-gen college students). MSU is one possible host institution!
- For MSU students wanting to do research with MSU profs, contact the associate chair for undergrads. Here’s application info about the MSU REU opportunities in physics and astronomy.
- Specific information for U of M students wanting to do research with U of M profs. In general, contacting the associate chair for undergrads is a good first step!